Slovenian church music in the second half of the 19th century was influenced by the Caecilian movement, which spread from today's Germany across a number of countries. The main goal of this movement was to restore church music. Caecilians, which is how the proponents of the movement called themselves, had primarily relied on the documents of the Council of Trent and some later church documents. However, in 1903, Pope Pius X released the famous so-called motu proprio Tra le sollecitudini, which the Caecilians took as a confirmation of their strains. In 1877, in Slovenia, the movement was institutionalized in regional societies under the umbrella name Cecilijino društvo. It is very important to note that these ocieties had great support from the Slovenian church authorities, who founded three important mediums to help spread the ideas of the movement: organ schools, yearly courses for
organists and a monthly magazine Cerkveni glasbenik. By taking a closer look at the articles from the afore-mentioned magazine about organ-making, organ-playing,
taking proper care of an organ, the history of the organ etc., which were fundamental for the development of this thesis, we can conclude that Caecilians played an important role in the development of the appearance and the sound of the Slovenian organ, as it was being built between the years 1877 and 1941.