These diploma thesis describes the process of making a control system for the aquarium, which enables the complete automation of all functions. The system makes the maintenance of the aquarium easier and also improves the living conditions of both fish and plants. The main goal was to develop a system that fulfils all the main requirements for automatic control of the aquarium without human assistance. All functions of the individual components are linked to a microcontroller that interacts with the real time clock. This ensures that the system can return to the correct operation state even when the power supply is interrupted.
The main tasks performed by this system are:
- regulation of the water temperature,
- steering the cleaning system, lights and the Oxygen pump,
- displaying the time and water temperature on the LCD screen,
- interrupting the power supply for the filter unit between feeding and
- continuous signal control of the lights (Simulation of the natural environment).
In the first part of these diploma thesis is a description of all the given elements that I have used in my system and it also explains the reasons for their use. The second part then describes their implementation in the entire system. It also makes to show the way of solving individual problems in the construction and installation of the system. The entire control system is currently adapted for use in my specific application. The system can of course be adapted and extended in case of more complex requirements.